January Meeting Minutes
SH Recreation Commission Meeting Minutes
January 17, 2019, 6:00pm
Present: Dave, Karin, Carol, Linda
- Review of November meeting minutes – approved.
- Public input: none
- Treasurer’s report: To be discussed next meeting.
- Ice skating – Rec Park likely frozen; Dave will contact athletic director at Folsom to see if they might shovel it off.
- Youth Ski Program – $30 per child per visit, $20 if child has equipment. Mike will ask about a form for requesting scholarship in future and investigate how much has been requested for scholarship for this year.
- Hero’s welcome/North Hero winter party – 2/15/19 see here for info https://greaticevt.org/
- Publicity – How to spread the word about rec activities and scholarships? Mike will add to the Rec web site, including list of eligible activities – all rec sponsored or Island day camps. Mike will also send note to FPF and Islander.
- Franklin-Grand ISle Regional Recreation meeting: Wednesday 1/23/19, 5:30-7pm. Dave will attend and report back.
- White’s Beach – discussion deferred. Possible need for second port-o-potty – all agreed and opted for a handicapped accessible version.
- Youth basketball – program going very well; 3rd and 4th grade. Uniforms look great. Mike has bill for referees.
- Route 2 painting – on the back burner. Dave will include this in next communication with Joe Flynn regarding light.
Next meeting: Thursday, March 21, 7:15pm