November Meeting Minutes
Recreation Commission Meeting Minutes
Thursday, November 14, 7:00 PM
In attendance: David Hobbs, Erin Morse, Mike Wickenden and
A) Review of September minutes – approved
B) Public Input
Jerry present to discuss White’s Beach. Summary for
town report to include: A successful sticker program was
implemented for White’s beach in 2019. Enforcement to start next
year with a focus on peak holiday weekends.
C) New Business (whenever Keagan arrives)
1) Coordinating Activity Info with Library — “Community
Calender” – Keagan not present.
2. Ski program (grades 1-4, 4 visits) – Crystal Nase
running program. $1,500 in scholarships are available.
3. Dylan Degree needs jerseys & balls for basketball
program Grades 3-4. Will submit bills to be reimbursed. Need to
see if he needs funding for referees. $635.50 for balls, $250 for
referees. Mike made a motion approved $250, Linda 2nd. Dave
will contact RISE about possible grant for the basketballs. Rec
Commission will provide funding if grant is not available.
D) Treasurer’s Report
Only expenses swim invoices $4,500 – 1st 2 sessions of
swim lessons, another for $2,100 for 3rd session
Mike to check on sticker income
E) Old Business
1. Tweaking the White’s Beach Parking Status Report (from
In anticipation of text for “Town Report” – see above
2. Off-school playground equipment – will look at later in the
year and when Tom is present.
3. Whites Beach swim buoys status – Carol reported they
were taken away and stored.
F) Other Business
Dylan asked about Rec Commission donating money to
Yogi baseball and softball. Will explore later in the year.
Erin will send Thank you cards to soccer coaches, Dylan
Proposed South Hero Recreation Commission Budget
Actual 2019-2020 Proposed 2020-2021
Swim Program $4000 $6500
Soccer Program $0 $0
Ice Skating $500 $500
Trails/SHRP $3500 $3500
Tryathalon $0 $0
White’s Beach $2000 $2000
Ski/Ride $1500 $1500
Scholarships $1500 $1500
Misc. Programs $200 $200
Totals $13,200 $15,700
– Swim Program to increase to $6,500
– If sticker income is designated to Rec Commission, this will be
Dave to look into paying soccer coaches for 2019