May Meeting Minutes

May Meeting Minutes

Recreation Commission Meeting Minutes
Thursday, May 16, 7:00 PM Town Office
In attendance: David Hobbs, Mike Wickenden, Carol Tremble and
Erin Morse
A) Review of March minutes. Carol moved to accept and all
agreed.
B) Public Input – none
C) Treasurer’s Report – Mike reviewed signage expense
(3,000) which should be under the town. Ski program brought in
about 4,155 income and 4,094 in expenses. Soccer brought in
about 3,000We have about $5k left to spend. Plan on spending include anticipated $2,000 for trail plan (some funds may not be needed which will be refunded) $1,500 for gravel for Roy Marsh
and trail behind school and/or $1,752 for swinging bench. Mike
will reach out to Stephen or Matt Jensen for bench details.
D) New Business
1. Community Gardens: topic of Franklin Grand Isle
Regional Recreation Collaborative meeting here last month.
South Hero Land Trust has been maintaining and plans on a work
party soon. Dave made a suggestion of edible borders for the
proposed school to library trail (grapes, berries).
2. Bike Train to school to start next week. Dave to send out
email to start next Wednesday. Carol will also be in attendance.
E) Old Business
1. Whites Beach … a) Status of new ordinance [ As set by
Selectboard: Parking stickers for this year will be $5 each,
obtained by mail or in person at town office ($45 for out of
towners — max # of 50 stickers). Erin’s explanation of new
ordinance will be in Islander, FPF, and on a note for those parking
without their sticker. Signage is planned to be profuse… to be
installed by Highway Dept and overseen by the ad hoc
committee.] Erin will send letter to Janet.
b) Port-a-pottys to be emptied 2x weekly; extra potty
July & August
2. Publicity a) Rec web site – Dave is going to learn how to
edit from Mike.
3. Swim program dates set @ White’s Beach – 7/8 – 7/19,
7/22- 8/2, 8/5-8/16 YMCA. Mike has finalized these dates. Will be
posting in FPF and Patriot Press.
4. Dave will be inviting Keagan, Library Director, to a meeting
so we can discuss their activities and the possibility of creating a
community calendar. It would also be beneficial to understand the
programming at the new library as this will reinforce the need for
the trail from Folsom to library. She will attend a future meeting.
F) Other Business
Carol to put out buoys next week if temperatures are good.
She will extend the width.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *