November Meeting Minutes
Recreation commission minutes, 11/15/18
In attendance: David Hobbs, Tom Chagnon, Erin Morse, Karin Ames, Linda Burger and
- Minutes passed from last meeting
- Public Input: Youth Basketball – Dylan Degree requested funding for 3/4 basketball.
He coached last year. 18 kids signed up so far. 10 games scheduled. Wants to
update uniforms. They are old and he doesnʼt have enough. Kevin Smith can do
them for $500. Also needs funding for referees. Goes smoother with paid refs. $250
for refs. $750 for the entire season. Karen suggested asking PTO for funding for
jerseys. Dylan also asked that the program be a part of the recreation commission.
We agreed to pay $750 and the PTO will be contacted to see if they want to
contribute. We also asked if Dylan could come to us sooner with #ʼs and if there is a
need for a separate girls team. He will be buying the jerseys and submit for
- Treasurers Report – not available. Will get caught up next time.
- 2019-2020 Budget – Karen asked that Whiteʼs beach wording to be changed which
we all agreed. Add line item for basketball program $1,200 and Stipend for coaches
- soccer $800 coach and $400 assistant, and basketball $800 coach.
Next meeting 12/20, 7:30 pm @ town office