July Meeting Minutes
Recreation Commission Meeting Minutes
July 27, 2017, 7pm, White’s Beach
Present: Dave Hobbs, Tom Chagnon, Stefan Bumbeck, Mike Wickenden, Karin Ames
1) June Meeting Minutes: Reviewed and approved.
2) Public Input: None.
3) Treasurer’s Report
A) The town charged $826.65 for White’s Beach volleyball sand. Dave will inquire why the coast was so high.
B) There was $215.95 left in last year’s budget.
C) We have $11,000 in the budget for FY 2017-2018. There will be no soccer income it is Grand Isle’s turn to run the soccer program.
4) New business – Tryathlon to be held on Sunday, August 27, 2017 at White’s Beach with the same plan as last year, including a 10:00am registration start time and a 10:30am race start. To do list:
- Stefan will make the poster and email it around to the committee, as well as print and post around town.
- Karin will advertise in the Islander and FPF with info from Stefan’s poster.
- Karin will bring new t-shirts and look for a soccer tent.
- Tom will bring water and snacks.
- Dave will contact the Sheriff and bring forms, buoys, cones, finish line, leftover t-shirts from last year.
- Mike will run registration table, parking, and bring buoys and cones.
5) Old business
A) Fall soccer publicity – Mike will put info on web site once received from GI. Dave will contact Shevonne Travers at GI if further publicity help is needed. The large soccer goals are installed and initial feedback is very positive; small goals will be installed for the fall program.
B) County-wide Recreation calendar: Stefan has the information and will work with Mike to add to the Recreation web site.
C) Student member of commission – Max B. is still invited!
D) July 4th Parade went well – thanks Tom!!
E) White’s Beach parking – Dave discussed with the Selectboard, as people are still using the park and parking inappropriately despite the new signs. The Selectboard has requested further signage as follows:
1) Two signs (12”x18” in red lettering, reflective) mounted at the west end to read:
FIRE AND RESCUE
EMERGENCY LAKE ACCESS
ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING
BETWEEN THESE TWO SIGNS
2) Three signs (18”x24” in blue lettering, reflective) to be mounted facing the paring area to read:
WHITE’S BEACH TOWN PARK
USE OF THIS PARK LIMITED
TO ONLY SOUTH HERO RESIDENTS
AND THEIR GUESTS
3) Tom will order signs.
F) Sports field in Rec Park – Mike and Dave to meet with Andrew Riegler, PE teacher at Folsom, to discuss.