September Meeting Minutes
Date: Monday, September 19, 2016, 7 pm
Present: Dave, Mike, Karin, Stefan (electronically)
1) Public input – none
2) Treasurers report – We are spending according to budget.
3) New business
A) 2016 Ski Program – We will fund this year as we have in the past.
4) Old Business
A) Whites Beach Signs – Dave will bring to the Select Board suggestions for signage to improve enjoyment of the town park by all as follows:
1. Carry In/Carry Out – No Trash Left Behind
2. Nonresident groups of 20 or more persons are prohibited. Please consider using our local state parks which are better suited to accommodate large groups.
B) Bleachers – Bleachers assembled and installed. Mike will put ground anchors in shortly.
C) Fall Soccer – There are 88 kids involved – woohoo!
D) Flashing Rt 2 Crossing Light – Two follow-ups needed:
1. Karin to call John B. to remind him the RRFBs need to be relocated to within 10″ of the sidewalk edge to accommodate ADA rules, and the buttons needed to be rotated 90 degrees. John and Karin met a few weeks ago; suspect John’s been busy. Additionally, the “Begin No Parking” on the south side blocks the visibility of the flashers. Karin to discuss with John to see if he can move that sign or we need to involve the state.
2. Karin to word a message for the FPF about safe usage. Dave has already had similar discussions with staff at Folsom.
E) 2016 Swim Lessons Report – Feedback from participants centered on compaints that Sandbar was too shallow and too warm; there was a desire to move back to White’s Beach. Next year, we will evaluate snow melt and consider lake levels prior to making a location decision.
5) Other Business
A) Fire Department invitation to discuss July 4 Parade deferred (meeting snuck up on us)