April Meeting Minutes
South Hero Recreation Commission Meeting 4/16/15
Present: Dave H., Eoana S.,Nancy F., Stefan B., Mike W.
Minutes from last meeting 3/19/15 approved as written
Public Input: Emily Alger (representing So. Hero Land Trust) here to suggest that since Green-Up Day has had a plethora of volunteers, could we include some trail clean-up/maintenance in cooperation with Rec. Comm. Plan: meet at
8:45 am 5/2, hopefully wrap up at 10:45, then go to BBQ. Stefan, Dave, and Eoana ( maybe) will be there. Emily will put info in the Islander.
Treasurer’s Report: Folsom ski/ride program almost paid for itself (total cost $4481.00 with income of $3733.00, short by $748.00) — was a huge success!
A. Swim Program — can use same registration form as No. Hero; will also have an info brochure and info on website
B. Summer Camps — also listed and detailed in brochure
1. kayak camp – can borrow kayaks; need lighter paddles and life jackets for kids SO rec comm will buy $500.00 worth of equipment
C. SHRP Exercise Equipment — we will try to install ourselves with Tom C. and Mike W.’s equipment. Nancy still needs to get info!
A. Upcoming Expenses
1. more picnic tables for White’s Beach
2. fence repair at White’s Beach
3. sand for beach
4. enhancement of grass-over of road
5. volleyball court maintenance
B. Folsom after school track program grades 1-4, separate program for 5-8
1. CIPPC 5K 6/13 — can we help sponsor? not at this time BUT
a. they will need equipment and medals totaling $165.00 to be contributed by Rec Comm