August Meeting Minutes
Recreation Commission Meeting, August 19 2013
present: Dave H., Mike W., Nancy F.
1. Minutes from 7/15/13 approved
2. Public Input: none
3. Treasury report: received bill from YMCA for 3rd session swim lessons
4. New Business
A. work parties to be scheduled
1. Turtle Bay (Knee Deep) trail: can use old aluminum dock from Jim Wood to build bridge over creek; trail needs clearing with a little chainsaw work. Work date: 8/27/13 8am, bring big clippers.
2. Soccer shelter: Tristan and Greg will head up this work party; need to build 2 shelters; first work session will be 8/25/13 following the tryathlon; hope to be done by 9/7 for start of soccer program
B. new project to be considered for the future: more accessibility by boardwalk on the Roy Marsh Trail. Dave will contact Fish and Game for guidelines on this.
5. Old Business
A. Tryathlon: organized and ready to go!
B. White’s Beach re-route
1. Mike still getting signatures on petition to show support of permanent re-route
2. road blocks and signage will be removed after Labor Day
6. Other Business
A. windsurfer access area could use load of gravel next season